How to Drive Safe during April Showers
by R&I Consultants
We’ve all heard the saying, “April showers bring May flowers.” However, these “April showers” also bring hazards to the roadways. In Atlanta, rain means an even slower commute and more accidents.
You can stay safe while driving in the rain by following these tips from Weather.com:
1. Drive slowly and carefully, especially around curves. Do so by steering and braking with a light touch. Do not brake hard or else the wheels may lock and cause your car to skid.
2. If you do skid, remain calm and ease your foot off the gas. Then, carefully steer in the direction you want the front of the car to go.
3. Keep your tires inflated correctly to avoid hydroplaning. Remember to maintain good tire tread, and don’t put off replacing worn tires.
4. Stay away from puddles. Instead, try to drive in the tire tracks left by the cars in front of you.
5. If you do hydroplane, do not brake or turn suddenly. This could throw your car into a skid. Be sure to ease your foot off the gas until the car slows and you can feel the road again. Only brake gently and with a light pumping action.
6. Adjust your speed to the wet road conditions, and be aware of the drivers around you. That way, you won’t have to worry about skidding, hydroplaning or causing an accident.
In case of an accident, be sure to have the auto insurance coverage that you need. For more information, just call one of our helpful Sandy Springs consultants today! Dial 404-459-5975 or visit Risk & Insurance Consultants on Facebook.